Ethical Practice Applications for Interns, Clinicians, and Supervisors: SELF-PACED ONLINE
Presenter: Saul Singer, MFT, LCADC
Statutory, administrative and ethical standards along with best practice applications for Alcohol and Drug, MFT, and Social Work interns, supervisors and practitioners will be summarized and illustrated. Mandated reporting requirements; ideas for enhancing cooperation with court ordered clients; applications to enhance the client alliance and improve outcomes; and, updated practice, reporting and informed consent standards will be discussed. Scenarios to illustrate legal and ethical breaches involving supervisors, clinicians and interns will be discussed and processed. Court testimony, responding to subpoenas, and Federal protections for clients with Substance Use Disorders will be covered.
By the end of this presentation, participants will:
- have knowledge of laws, regulations and professional ethics;
- understand best practice strategies to engage and enhance client cooperation and outcomes;
- be familiar with mandated reporting requirements, exceptions, and recent changes;
- know risks inherent with texting, emailing and social networking sites;
- have an awareness of scenarios from recent investigations concerning common legal and ethical breaches by interns, clinicians and supervisors;
- gain a clear understanding of legal and ethical duties regarding supervision and boundaries with interns;
- acquire clarity regarding the integration of HIPAA and 42CFR, Part 2, and additional protection afforded clients diagnosed with SUD.
Continuing Education Units: 6 CEUs
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Nevada Certification Board (for CHW, PRSS & Prevention)
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.
Registration Start Date
Event Time Zone
Cut off date