6-Week Live Online Webinar Series
September 8 - October 13, 2021 | Every Wednesday | 10:00 am - 11:30 am PSTAudience:
This 12 hour live webinar series is intended for Nevada Counselors seeking to become Certified Clinical Supervisors by the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors.
The objectives of the Clinical Supervision training include facilitating the development of a personal model of supervision and practicing skills to help shape the delivery of high quality, effective clinical services to those seeking assistance for substance use disorders. This training is aimed at preparing clinical supervisors to observe job performance, provide feedback and coaching, prioritize learning needs, develop achievable learning objectives, and continue monitoring performance to assess effectiveness.
Examples of key topics/concepts discussed are:
What to Expect:
- The scope of clinical supervision, the supervisory relationship
- Applying theoretical models to clinical supervision
- Observation formats and methods
- Counselor assessment and goal development, developing your own model
- Cultural considerations, including agency culture considerations
- Discussion/review of TAP 21A competencies
- Requirements, regulations, and legal aspects of supervision
- Utilizing ASAM Criteria
- Weekly live webinar sessions
- Each week assignments will be given and participants will be expected to complete the homework prior to the next session in order to receive full participation.
- Participants must attend every week in order to earn the full 12 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required by the board. No partial credit will be issued. One (1) absence will be permitted with a valid excuse. Participants will be required to contact CASAT Training in order to schedule a makeup session.
Adrienne Sutherland Renwick, MA, LCPC, LCADC & Jamee Millsap, MA, LADC, LADC-S
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
IMPORTANT COURSE PRE-REQUISITE:
The 14-hour online Clinical Supervision Foundations workshop is a prerequisite to this course. Click here to register: http://healtheknowledge.org/course/index.php?categoryid=56
(opens in a new window)
The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.