This Training is designed to educate mandated reporters on opioid misuse and abuse and how to report to Nevada Adult Protective Services if you suspect abuse of vulnerable adults.
- Be able to define opioid misuse
- Understand the biology and neurobiology of opioid use, misuse and abuse
- Describe how aging changes substance metabolism
- List at least 2 signs and symptoms of opioid misuse among vulnerable adults
- Be able to describe at least two difficulties that families experience as they cope with opioid use among older adults and vulnerable family members
Presented by: Teresa Sacks, M.P.H.& Angela Broadus, PhD, CPS/ICPS
Continuing Education Units: 1.5 CEUs
This webinar is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.
This training is supported by the Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $1,016,223 with 83 percent funded by ACL/HHS and 17 percent ($172,180) funded by non-government source(s). The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by ACL/HHS, or the U.S. Government.